SBS 2008 RWW Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 RWW Issue

Ok, this issue is a little weird but i'm hoping for anybodys help i can get. Let me start from the beginning. I have done a full installation of SBS 2008, and everything is/was up and running. i am running a website, exchange, sharepoint, and remote web workplace off of this box. It automatically configures your setup so that remote.domain.com is the address to get to remote web workplace. Everything was working fine for a few weeks. Now that i have everyone up and running this strange thing will happen at random times. remote.domain.com won't resolve. So if i go there on a web browser i do not get a response. However, www.domain.com works fine, and if i go to https://remote.domain.com/remote it will bring up remote web workplace. When remote.domain.com goes down i can not ts-gateway into the server/clients and, since outlook anywhere uses this address you can not get your e-mail from outlook remotely. It is completely sporadic. It will be down for 30 minutes and then work for an hour. However, it is just the part that forwards remote.domain.com to the web application on iis, because like i said www.domain.com works fine and if i go to the full url for example https://remote.domain.com/owa this works fine too. My MX record is remote.domain.com and that works fine even while the remote fowarding is not working. Any ideas on what might be causing this? i have looked in DNS but i'm not sure the process by which the server decides what web application to forward to. For example i see that remote.domain.com forwards to the IP of my server, but how does it know to forward to the RWW application isn IIS? Any ideas on what might be causing this to go up and down would be greatly appriciated.

Re: SBS 2008 RWW Issue

oh and side note that i just realized...even when it is "down" it will always resolve at the servers internet explorer... not on other internal computers, but at the server it will.

Comment

Re: SBS 2008 RWW Issue

ok finally after a lot of playing around i have figured out that if i recycle the SBS Applications application pool in IIS 6.0 it goes back to normal, until it stops workign again.. i must recycle and this clears up the problem.. any suggestions on what might be going on?

Comment

Working...
      X