Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbs 2008 - Individual Installations?

hello Everybody,

I was wondering if there is any way to separate the installation of Exchange 2007 onto another drive.

with SBS 2000, you had the option of installing Exchange on to a drive of your choosing. is that possible with sbs 2008? I know we can move the data files later. But I was wondering if we could move the installation itself?

on a similar note, can we uninstall/reinstall individual components(for example Forefront Security)

thank you

WS

Re: sbs 2008 - Individual Installations?

To get the necessary licenses for installing w2k8 Standard edition on separate hardware in the SBS domain, you would need to purchase the w2k8 SBS Premium pack. However, I believe it only allows the SQL server to be installed on the system, so meeting license requirements.

Comment

we have bought licenses for SBS 2008 Standard Edition and SQL Server 2008 separately...so am not sure if your last comment would apply.

Are you suggesting that we can perform an in-place upgrade of SBS(from 2000 to 200? or are u suggesting we put the new sbs 2008 machine in the same domain as sbs 2000?

Didnt think either of it was possible.

WS

Comment

I was assuming an SBS 2008 domain. You can't add another SBS box to an SBS domain.

Comment

Working...
        X