X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REmote Web Site Problems

SBS 2003 Standard (not R2)
    Wizards run OK

Can access main site, exchange but not RWW -- I click the RWW link, get the "certificate problem" due to the self generated certificate, continue and then get a 404

This is both internally (including localhost on the server) and externally

Server is (AFAIK) fully patched

I've re-run CIEW, reinstalled Administration and Monitoring tools but with no success

Any bright ideas from the experts?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: REmote Web Site Problems

I am certainly no expert with SBS, but the only time I had a similar problem was when i had altered something with IIS, added a 3rd Party Certificate to their default website, and hadn't run the appropriate wizard for publishing/completing config of the websites (sorry, can't remember the exact name of the wizard)

I know yours is freshly installed but thought I would mention in case you spot a wizard specifically or partly used for IIS.

Comment

OK, looks as if I've fixed it
      Went to a good SBS I support and compared setting by setting.
      Found that the problem server (IIS Manager - Remote Directory - Properties) was ASP.NET 2.0.50727 and changed it to 1.1.4322 whereupon everything started working

This is one where the phrase "bloody Microsoft version compatibility" comes to mind!
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It's DOT NET. Everything about that on IIS is a potential for a scr3w up. Note the latest patch to come down (not just SBS) is entitled .NET 3.5 SP1. However, it doesn't just patch v3.5 to SP1 it upgrades all version above to to the latest version - and it is about a 240MB download. Poor Granny who happens to have some little .NET application on her home computer and it downloads all that (and then probably blows the machine up according to newsgroup reports!)
        I think MS could have communicated that a bit better (/rant)
        Normal service will now be resumed:
        Yes all the SBS 2003 web sites must stay on .NET v1.1, despite some updates trying to change them for you. You may also need to clear out one of the temp folders created in the process.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X