restore exchange backup from non exchange server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restore exchange backup from non exchange server

Used Petri info to set a non exchange server to backup the information store as an xtra backup option. How would I restore the information store to the exchange server on the sbs machine from the non exchange member servers backup?

Re: restore exchange backup from non exchange server

You may be able to do this if you have ESM installed on that member server. Is there any particular reason why you don't want to perform the restore locally on the SBS server though? Unless your backup is to tape and you don't have a suitable drive in the SBS server, I would advise you to perform the restore on the SBS server itself. The BKF file can be accessed via a UNC if necessary.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

http://www.petri.com/restore_exchang...h_ntbackup.htm
      Did you see the restore article?
      also

Click me
      Last edited by AndyJG247; 8th February 2009, 12:15.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by James Pickhardt View Post
        Used Petri info to set a non exchange server to backup the information store as an xtra backup option. How would I restore the information store to the exchange server on the sbs machine from the non exchange member servers backup?
        Please post a link to the original article.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I believe the article he is referring to is this one here - http://www.petri.com/backup_exchange...nge_server.htm

James, is that the guide you followed?
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
          X