IPv6 causing install to hang.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPv6 causing install to hang.

I am doing a fresh install of SBS 2008 Premium. Everything during the install starts to go great. Once I hit the "Connecting your Server" it gets about 3/4 of the way through then it just sits there. I let it go over night but still when I woke up it was sitting there. I restarted the box and checked the log file and for 12 hours it is checking for IPv6 addresses. Has anyone else had this happen or have any ideas how to get this resolved so that I can get the box up and running. I had this machine running since Beta 2 so I don't think that it is the hardware.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe Mallit

Re: IPv6 causing install to hang.

Wish I had an answer but I'm actually having the same problem, going to try a different NIC and see if that works and I'll post if it does.

Comment

Are you able to logon in to Safe Mode? If so, you could uninstall TCP-IP v6 on the NIC and then restart the computer.

Comment

Problem solved by disabling onboard VIA nic and using an Intel Pro 1000/MT Desktop Adapter (ya I know but it's my home server =P)

Comment

You can always rely on an Intel NIC though others may differ.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
            Are you able to logon in to Safe Mode? If so, you could uninstall TCP-IP v6 on the NIC and then restart the computer.
            For information only, IPv6 can't be uninstalled on a SBS 2008 but only disabled. However, certain problems may arise if IPv6 is disabled as per this article:
            http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive...-sbs-2008.aspx
            Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Thanks Andy. I meant disabled through removing te tick but didn't word it correctly.

Interesting link, so I know to be careful with the use of ths setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
                Thanks Andy. I meant disabled through removing te tick but didn't word it correctly.
                No probs, Thanks for the new alias but is Landy actually
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Will try to remember.

Comment

Working...
                  X