SBS 2008 POP3 Connector not populating mailbox list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2008 POP3 Connector not populating mailbox list

Thank you forum members for the useful information I have received in the past. I now have a question for you SBS 2008/Exchange 2007 experts:

We are having an issue where the POP3 connector configurator is not populating the field "Windows Small Business Server e-mail Account" with all of the mailboxes and distribution lists on the system.

The only mailbox listed is the domain admin that was used for the initial server setup.

We have about 10 users that we need to temporarily retrieve POP3 email for until we can get SMTP email incoming directly to the SBS. All of these users presently have a mailbox setup on the server in Exchange 2007 and can access their mailbox in Outlook 2007.

How do we get the POP3 connector to show ALL mailboxes?

Re: SBS 2008 POP3 Connector not populating mailbox list

The SBS 2008 pop3connector figures out what mailboxes to display in the dropdown by searching through AD--it looks for mail-enabled users or groups.

Do your user objects have email addresses on them?

Did you create the users with the SBS 2008 Add User tool?

Comment

For more information about how SBS looks for users/computers, see: http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive...s-console.aspx

Comment

I don't know if you've solved this or not but I was having the same problem. SBS won’t see users via the SBS Console or the POP3 Connector until you modify an attribute on the user object in AD. In AD, go to View…Advanced Features. Then open up the user you want and go to the Attribute Editor tab. Find the property msSBSCreationState. Change the value to Created. Then your user will show up in the SBS Console and, if the account is mail enabled, the mailbox will show up in the drop-down list under the POP3 Connector as a valid Small Business Server email account.

Hope this helps.

--KC

Comment

Working...
        X