No announcement yet.

OWA and RWW failing on SBS 2003 SP2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA and RWW failing on SBS 2003 SP2

Hi All,

I have an issue I can't seem to fix - OWA and RWW fail at random times. If I do a server reboot, they work for a while and sometimes restarting IIS or running the internet/email config wizard fixes it for a little while. When owa fails I get the following errors in the application log

WinMgmt (a couple of these)
    Event ID 5603

A provider, PerfProv, has been registered in the WMI namespace, ROOT\CIMV2\MicrosoftHealthMonitor\PerfMon, but did not specify the HostingModel property. This provider will be run using the LocalSystem account. This account is privileged and the provider may cause a security violation if it does not correctly impersonate user requests. Ensure that provider has been reviewed for security behavior and update the HostingModel property of the provider registration to an account with the least privileges possible for the required functionality.

Event ID 2392

Process WMIPRVSE.EXE -EMBEDDING (PID=1232. DSAccess failed to register an Active Directory shutdown notification with the local server, error 0x34. To expedite the shutdown process, manually shut down Exchange services before shutting down the server.

PerfOS (A heap of these)
    Event ID 2012

Unable to get system process information from system. The status code returned is in the first DWORD in the Data section.

I don't know if these are all related, but I cleared the event log then tried connecting to OWA and then checked the log and this is what was in there. As I write this, RWW has started working... It's driving me nuts. Any help would be appreciated

Re: OWA and RWW failing on SBS 2003 SP2

Moved to the SBS forum as that is a more appropriate place.

Exchange forum moderator.
    Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.