Account with Administrative Permissions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account with Administrative Permissions

Hello ppl, i have a little question, I have SBS 2003 standard, and i have a user with admin previleges. When that user logins in the domain in his desktop, he doesent really have admin previleges in the computer, he cannot execute a file on a pen for example, have allways to runas and put his credential, how cna i fix this issue? or anybody has an idea ?

Best Regards
    Kevin Guerreiro

Re: Account with Administrative Permitions

What group membership does he have and what members are members of local administrators on that desktop?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Account with Administrative Permitions

As I recall by default SBS adds Domain Admins to the Local Admins group on the client machines. However because this group is lower in the hierarchy than the Administrators group users who are members of that group do not have Local Admin rights.

Sounds crazy I know, but I just did an SBS install and ran into the same issue.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Re: Account with Administrative Permissions

Hello and thanks for the answers. AndyJG247 what ur trying to say is that i should have the same username in both sbs login account and on local desktop acount ? Cruachan have you solved it out ?

Best Regards
        Kevin Guerreiro
        Last edited by biggles77; 16th January 2009, 11:12. Reason: Remove formatting

Comment

Kevin, I was asking what accounts membership was. As cruachan says the domain admins group is added to local admins however if you aren't in that group you won't be a local admin on the desktop machine.
          cheers
          Andy

Comment

Ok, sorry about my ignorance, so i need to make the same username in the server and the desktop ? and on the desktop it's has to be a administrator account and in the server the username has to be in the administrator group, correct ?

PS: sorry just edited, probably now i understanded in another way, i have to ad the domain user to the domain admins, so that i can have admin prevelige in the desktop computer?

Sorry about everything , i forgot allot of my english. Problem SOlved, just added the server account to the Domain Admins Groups and voilla, working, Thanks Guys. Can Close Topic.

Best Regards
            Kevin Guerreiro
            Last edited by kevinguerreiro; 27th January 2009, 14:02.

Comment

No, not to Domain Admins. The desktop machine has a local group called "Administrators" the user needs to be in there to be a local administrator on that box.
              cheers
              Andy

Comment

Working...
              X