No announcement yet.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbs2k

I have sbs 2k working as domain controller and file server.

Because of shifting now we have bradband connection with wireless router with dynamic IP provided by our ISP

How do i setup internet connection on this for server and all the workstations connected to domain?

Re: sbs2k

Use the CEICW. Default Gateway may need to be added (or changed) in DHCP to point to the Router.

If you want more answers then you will need to provide more info. Thanks.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Suggest you try services like dyndns and tzo to ive you exteernal access on dynamic IP - or get a business class static IP

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Infect the case is like this.

I have sbs 2k which work as domain controller.

I would like to connect all the member servers and domain controller to ineternet.

Internet connection is ADSL type with DHCP enabled router.

The IP address given by ISP is dynamic not static.

When I login from any one of the workstation to my domain I can access files and printers now i would like to connect the workstatations and my domain controller to internet.

How the configuration can be carried out?

If you would like to have further information please let me know.

As Biggles already told you, use the CEICW, and set DHCP to point your clients to the SBS box as the default gateway.

If you're saying that that didn't work for you, then you need to make that clear to us.
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

That's fine it starts working now.