send email as, how to

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send email as, how to

I configure a user to receive [email protected] and [email protected] emails.
    Now I want to configure the user, when he sent thru info will the name showed will be "My Company" and when the user send thru his name will be "User Name".

When I configure the outlook to send from My Company<[email protected]>, I receive an error msg that I dont have permissions to send in his behalf. How can I solve this issue?

Re: send email as, how to

Send as and send on behalf are 2 different things, here is how you can do either...

On the exchange server,

you set the send as permission using active directory users and computers.
    open user click n the security tab , add user and select "allow" for send as permission. (you will need advanced features ticked or you wont see the tab)

if you want to set "send on behalf of" you do this with the Exchange general tab, delivery options tab.

Comment

thank you for your help. But this is the case, when you want to send emails as another user that you can choose from the list. The case here is different, since info is not an user.

Comment

oooops, this post is for SBS2008 and exchange 2007, can someone move it?

Comment

Working...
        X