Install HP 4100 on SBS 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install HP 4100 on SBS 2008

I think I'm having the same issue. I have an old HP 4100 on a SBS2k8 server and the XP users can not connect to the printer because of x64/x86 driver issues.

Re: Network Printer

Then as per my previous post, install the correct drivers on the server and clients, ensure XP is up to date, and take this up with HP if you still have a problem.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      Then as per my previous post, install the correct drivers on the server and clients, ensure XP is up to date, and take this up with HP if you still have a problem.

I'm not sure about the O/P but the problem I am running into is the stock drivers on the server are not compatible with x86 systems and downloading the latest drivers for the HP only supply a "universal" pack with an executable but I really don't want to go to each workstation and run this thing, I want to use the GPOs....

I read in the server 2k8 board that you can right click on the printer from the workstation and their should be a "add driver" option. I am going to try this out tomorrow and see if this works.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidFlorian View Post
        an executable but I really don't want to go to each workstation and run this thing, I want to use the GPOs....
        Startup script?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: Install HP 4100 on SBS 2008

Hi-jacked post split from original question. Please do not hi-jack another member's thread. Thank you.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
            Hi-jacked post split from original question. Please do not hi-jack another member's thread. Thank you.
            Sorry I didn't think it was a Hi-Jack sense it sounded like Nitro and I were experiencing the same issue.

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
            Startup script?
            Yeah, it's like that but their new system; wanted to use this to manage my printers but after signing back up with experts exchange I come to find out some HP drivers just don't work on 2k8 x64. Which is awesome because I just spent $12.95 for nothing really....

Update:
            I tried to install using the hp "universal printer" exe; once I get though to the point where I can ad drivers I get a 0x0000007e "Operation could not be completed" error... weird... I'm thinking the best way around this is a 2k3 server as a member in vmware running the printers until MS or HP release some kind of patch... I've read of this happening with other drivers from xerox and Nitro's glitch in the other thread my still be something along these lines...
            Last edited by LiquidFlorian; 6th January 2009, 08:37. Reason: update

Comment

Laserjet 4100 drivers. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...%20»&y=5&x=10
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

If I had not properly conveyed that I had been getting the drivers from HPs site I apologize for not making myself more clear. In the context of the thread this was split off from it made more sense has the other user and I had done similar things, like download the newest drivers (as executable installers).

I still believe this to be more of an Microsoft problem then a HP problem and I plan on finding some contact info on the technet "edge" site and pass an email to the SBS team.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidFlorian View Post
                  Yeah, it's like that but their new system; wanted to use this to manage my printers but after signing back up with experts exchange I come to find out some HP drivers just don't work on 2k8 x64. Which is awesome because I just spent $12.95 for nothing really....
                  Just FYI
                  Normally when you get to an Experts Exchange via a search engine, just scroll way, way, WAY down, past all the adverts, and you find the real info
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X