Network Printer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Network Printer

I install the printer Samsung ML2010 in the SBS2008 with the latest driver from the site, and share it to the network.

When I browse to it from Vista and right click -> connect. Im asked for the inf file, that I download from the site, I browse to it, the computer finish the installation copying the all files to the right place and everything works fine.

but I'm unable to do the same with xp, since the driver is only an executable. So I install the driver normally afterward I browse to the printer irght click -> connect after few seconds I receive a msg the installation was sucessfully. BUT when I try to print something the windows explorer crash and restart by itself. At the event viewer the msg doesnt have any info.

I try to install the printer from the directory list, and from add new printer, but the results are exactlt the same.

What more can I try?

Re: Network Printer

So to clarify, you have installed the XP driver on Windows XP, for the correct printer? And you have installed the Server 2008 driver on the server?

Is XP up to date with SP3 and all patches since?

If so, you need to take this up with Samsung.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

from your server,First go to printer properties click on sharing tab click additional drivers click the check boxes which you want.when tick on require operating system driver it will ask for the drivers plz provide proper drivers (*.inf files path)

Comment

Yes, SP3 and full updated.

Regarding install the xp driver, like I write before, is only an executable. Ill try to copy it from xp system32\drivers to 2008.

Comment

You may be able to extract the files from the exe using something like winrar.
          cheers
          Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Check what happens at the command prompt if you run the exe with the /? flag - you may well see that it has an option to extract its contents.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
            X