No announcement yet.

Folder Redirection Problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Redirection Problem

Hello there

Just setup a brand new server with SBS 2008 Standard and have partitioned 3 drives. One for the System, one for Exchange and one for Shared Data.

I want to redirect all users My Documents folders to the Shared Data location. I thought i'd use the Folder Redirection wizard which does work but doesn't put the location of the folders where i want. It puts them on the System (C:\) partition under C:\Users\FolderRedirection.

So i thought i'd go into Group Policy and edit the location to the one i wanted (F:\Home\%username%). I run the wizard again but no difference.

Even when i create a user it still creates a users folder on the C:\ partition which is frustrating me.

Anyone got some tips on this or some instructions as i've spent 3 or 4 hours playing with settings and haven't been able to get it to work. Perhaps i'm doing things in the wrong order?

Please help!

Many thanks

Re: Folder Redirection Problem

There is a set process to move the data folders on SBS, which you need to follow.
    This is the root of the section on Technet - make sure that you follow both stages.

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: Folder Redirection Problem

Tanks Sembee for posting that link.
      Now if we could only get all posters to look up Google, SBS Documentation on Technet and the SBS Blog, before posting here ......

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.