SBS Outlook Defaults

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS Outlook Defaults

I have spoken with Microsoft to try to eliminate the following problem. My clients are using SBS 2003 Server. They logon and are connected to the SBS Exchange Server.
    They also have a 2nd e-mail account which is on an outside server under a pop3 connection and they want e-mail from it.
    They prefer to mark the pop3 as defualt howevever when they logoff and back on they are set to the local exchange as default.
    Does anyone know a fix for this? Microsoft says it is by design. No fixes.
    Or no alternative setup.

Re: SBS Outlook Defaults

As Microsoft say - this is the intended behaviour. You could setup the clients to use Outlook Express / Windows Mail to use the POP account instead.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: SBS Outlook Defaults

Don't reconmend you use OE. Most people (especially SBSers) use Outlook and "live in Outlook" all day.
      You could use the POP3 connector to pickup and delliver their mail to the exchange maibox, but the best explanation is here
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X