No announcement yet.

SMTP issues in SBS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMTP issues in SBS

I'm trying to configure the SBS exchange , however i was able to configure everything ... i think the issue is that i can send maill , for instence to Gmail , however when i reply to the same mail i send the got it in Gmail i get an 550 error from gmail saying that my server rejected to request to get mail from them

my confguration is

Network Tab:

local ip - - my local server the SBS

in the recive i got the defualt and i added the following - - thats all ip address

in the Authinitication Tab i use TLS and enable domain security

In the Permission Tab i have anonymouse..

Anything i dont have correctly ..

Any Help

BTW: that the error i get in Gmail - Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 sorry, mail to that recipient is not accepted (#5.7.1) (state 14).

Last edited by blacknasa; 8th December 2008, 17:23.

Re: SMTP issues in SBS

That does not look like an Exchange error. Have you pointed your MX records at your server?

Simon Butler
    Exchange MVP

More Exchange Content:
    Exchange Resources List:
    In the UK? Hire me:

Sembee is a registered trademark, used here with permission.

Re: SMTP issues in SBS

In nslookup, enter set q=mx to tell it to list MX records, and then enter your domain name. If your server's public IP is not listed, then as Sembee pointed out, you will need to check your DNS.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.