Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Release updates in all client system

Hi ,

I am using SBS 2000, now i want to install one anti virus program on client system by seating on a server itself ..so how can i perform this task ...

Also there are updates available which is of 1 MB daily for this anti virus product. I have enable caching in my ISA configuration , so is it possible that i can schedule the updates virus definations on server on daily night and release it in client in morning when he/she logging in morning from ISA Cache.

Please help ...

Kathy

Re: Release updates in all client system

Hi ,

Actually in this antivirus program its not e.g server and client system linked e.g symantec corporate edition ..so if possible can i download it on isa cache and when client comes to download that virus defination from internet ..isa will directly release that update from its cache ..no need to go that request on internet.

Please help !!!

Thanks ,

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
      I am using SBS 2000, now i want to install one anti virus program on client system by seating on a server itself ..so how can i perform this task
      What sort of installer do you have? Exe? Msi? And what OS do you run on your clients?

Give us some details and maybe we can offer some suggestions.

Does this product have the facility to push the installation out accross the network?
      Could you script the installer in a startup script?
      Could you deploy the package using group policy?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for the prompt reply ...

We are using SBS2000, and in client system its a win2000 professional and win xp professional .

We need to push a .exe file called avinstall.exe and after installation when that client will go to update the virus defination it will not going to internet , it will get this information directy from ISA Cache...

So how can we complete this task ....

Please help ....

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
          Does this product have the facility to push the installation out accross the network?
          Could you script the installer in a startup script?
          Could you deploy the package using group policy?
          First two suggestions apply.

You could build an MSI of the package to deploy using group policy.

Once something is in the ISA cache, it is there to be used by the machines on your network. It is served to them in response to requests to cached websites, it is not 'pushed' from the server to the clients. Therefore you would configure the application to download updates from the internet. The first time this happens, the data will be cached, depending on how you configure ISA.

Keep in mind that it is probably not a good idea to cache antivirus definitions - you always want to be downloading the most up to date version. If you can't afford the bandwidth that will be used with every client downloading updates from the internet, invest in a proper network-orientated antivirus product as has been suggested to you in other threads.
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi ,

I have search so more ..but not able to find install program in clients with help of GPO .

Also i have configure the ISA Server for Caching for HTTP,FTP. Now how can i check that the client is getting files for virus def from ISA Cache ...is there any log facility so that i can check it ..please help ...

Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
              I have search so more ..but not able to find install program in clients with help of GPO
              Google "create msi".
              Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
              X