Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customise SBS Console

Hi all,

Can anyone point me to a way to customise the SBS Console so I can show an additional OU in the Computers/Devices page. I'd like to have Servers, Clients and IP Phones.

Thanks,

Re: Customise SBS Console

Bump ... anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Are your IP phones actually joined to the domain? If so, which OU are they currently in? I don't think it's possible to modify the console - it will simply list any computer objects that are descendants of the OU the console points at.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your response, they aren't currently in the domain as I'm just exploring. I realise if I place them under SBScomputer/Servers they will show in the top section of the console but I wan wondering if it's possible to add a separate section.

Just curious really?

Comment

Unless they are actually servers, I'd place them in with the clients. In any case, are your phones even capable of being joined to a domain? If not, then the only way you're going to see them with a *Microsoft* mangement interface is to look in DHCP/DNS - anything else would require management software from the phone manufacturer.
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Thanks for your help - they are Aastra phone and to my knowledge aren't able to be linked to a domain -I was hoping to be able to see a status that's all in the console.

Will rely on my other packages I guess.
            Cheers

Comment

Ok. The only way to place something into an OU is to join it to the domain - as your phones aren't domain aware, then that won't be possible. Using DHCP you can reserve them an IP address if you want, and you can see a very basic status - if they're shown as having a lease, then they're switched on (and you can see what IP address), if they're switched off then they're not

I'm not familiar with that brand of phone so I don't know what management products are available.
              Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
              X