Trend Worry-Free e-mail notifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trend Worry-Free e-mail notifications

I have just installed Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Advanced 5.1 for my SBS 2008. This is the version released Nov. 12 that is SBS 2008 compatible.

I cannot configure notifications. One of the Trend sales engineers told me I had to have an e-mail client installed and set in the default programs for IE 7. This seemed like a security risk for a server.

What puzzles me is the Trend configuration has an SMTP setup where it asks for the server name and the port. On a long-shot, I installed Windows Mail on the server and enabled the POP3 service but Windows Mail will not accept the administrators crdentials of the default domain administrators credentials.

Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks.
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Re: Trend Worry-Free e-mail notifications

Probelm solved. In exchange I created a new receive connector, made exchange servers the only permission group, gave TLC and externally secured uthentication.

My connector is called 'client'. I added this to the Exchange shell:

Get-ReceiveConnector "Client" | Add-ADPermission -User "NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON" -ExtendedRights "ms-Exch-SMTP-Accept-Any-Recipient"
    Network Engineers do IT under the desk

Comment

Re: Trend Worry-Free e-mail notifications

Thanks for posting back with your solution Rob. Greatly appreciated as always.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
      X