No announcement yet.

sbs 2003 to 2008 mail import

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sbs 2003 to 2008 mail import

hello all, I have an existing 2003 sbs server with exchange running I have since installed 2008 and did not go through the migration process, and now I am looking for away to get some mailboxes (maybe 4) from the old server to the new one. some things that i have considered are just changing the users to a pop account and allowing them to make a pst file fo there emails and then importing those emails into exchange on the new box. Anyways I am just looking for feedback in case some one has a better way or maybe a reason why that will not work.

Re: sbs 2003 to 2008 mail import

Presumably then you are running Exchange on the new server. What version? Is the new server a DC in the same domain?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

If Exchange is still running you can use ExMerge.
      If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

Just to add to g00ner's comment. You can use ExMerge to get the mail into PST files then use import-mailbox with Exchange 2007

Assuming indeed that you have Exchange 2007

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?