Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local login only

Hi

I rebooted my server this morning and now unable to login using RDC, access any of the exchange accounts, shares etc. I used telnet to see if I could get a RPD connection and it is not available.

The reboot was for windows update and contained security updates, but these have always gone ok in the past.

Thanks

Ian

Re: Local login only

Any problems in the error logs? Are you just unable to login using RDC or can you not connect at all?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Nope, nothing in the logs at all, rebooted again and double checked. Left it alone for a while and returned to the problem later today, only thing different is IIS has defualt site and companyweb stopped. I've restarted these and bingo all back running. Don't know why after a reboot it stopped, very odd, but looks like its working again now.

Comment

Glad you got it working in the end. SBS can be very finickey at times - we went through a phase with ours where we could only login via RDC, not locally. That lasted about 3 weeks, and fixed itself.

Thanks for posting back

Edit: And thank you for the +rep
        Last edited by gforceindustries; 17th November 2008, 20:12.
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

No problem, I am concidering a complete re-install. Just lately we are having workstations drop out and we have to delete and recreate the PC on the server, users unable to use sharepoint so we have to rerun the user wizard.
          Its all very odd.
          Luckly for us we only have 6 users so not a huge task, but one I'm not looking forward to doing.

Comment

Sounds like there's something dodgy going on there. Depending on how urgently you need to resolve this I would suggest that you try to diagnose the problem as fully as possible before reinstalling - at least then you will have some idea of where to look if you experience similar problems again, and maybe even have some thoughts on how to remedy it.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
            X