No announcement yet.

wsus 3.0 - not showing any updates

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wsus 3.0 - not showing any updates

I've had wsus 3.0 installed now for some time, and it has become blatantly obvious that it is not picking up any new updates. I have not got a single one to approve/deny since the day I installed it over the previous release. The installation seems to have gone OK. Any suggestions on how I can troubleshoot this?

Re: wsus 3.0 - not showing any updates

syncronise it with microsoft
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Re: wsus 3.0 - not showing any updates

Presumably it's been a decent length of time since the upgrade...

Are your workstations all correctly registered in WSUS?

Check that the products you're using are ticked under Options > Products and Classifications.

Check the settings under Options > Automatic Approvals - maybe you're not being asked to approve anything because everything is being approved silently.

Check the synchronisation schedule under Options > Synchronization Schedule - is it set to automatic or manual? Also check under Options > Update Source and Proxy Server to see if WSUS is looking to Microsoft or another WSUS server.

Any errors from WSUS in the event logs on the server?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.