Odd message when logging into SBS 2003 Standard Edition Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd message when logging into SBS 2003 Standard Edition Server

I am getting the following error message when logging into my SBS 2003 Standard Edition Server. Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 installed. Windows Server 2003 SP2 also installed. I try to Google the "Exchange2007Info.exe" but find nothing of the sort. Anyone ever see this?

Exchange2007Info.exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error
    ---------------------------
    To run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:

v2.0.50727

Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework.
    Be easy on me, I'm here to learn

Re: Odd message when logging into SBS 2003 Standard Edition Server

Pretty clear what the problem is, but I also have never heard of Exchange2007Info.exe - since this thread is the only Google result I would have to suspect this isn't above board,

As you're running Exchange 03, there's a chance this is a virus. What antivirus / antimalware are you using? Is your server behind a decent firewall? Is there anything related to this in the event logs, most importantly dating from when you first started seeing this error.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

In additon to what Gareth states try running up autoruns from the sysinternals toolset on Microsofts website. (LINK)
      This should show us where it is coming from (the logon tab is the likely one to see it)
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
        Pretty clear what the problem is, but I also have never heard of Exchange2007Info.exe - since this thread is the only Google result I would have to suspect this isn't above board,

As you're running Exchange 03, there's a chance this is a virus. What antivirus / antimalware are you using? Is your server behind a decent firewall? Is there anything related to this in the event logs, most importantly dating from when you first started seeing this error.
        AVG AV 8.0
        Firewall is a Sonicwall TZ190

I am going to try Autoruns & Process Explorer to look further into the source. I will report back

Comment

AVG is up to date? What anti-malware are you running? Perform a full scan with both.

Also, can you search for Exchange1007Info.exe and post the path to the executable?
          Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
            AVG is up to date? What anti-malware are you running? Perform a full scan with both.

Also, can you search for Exchange1007Info.exe and post the path to the executable?
            AVG is up to date. I have ran a scan and found nothing

No Anti-Malware install

Its in the C:\temp folder

Comment

You have probably already deleted it from Temp, if not then probably best to do so. May be worth looking into installing something like Windows Defender as well. Group policy aware, and updated through WSUS with everything else, and has a pretty small footprint.
              Gareth Howells

Comment

Well I found out it is some script another administrator created, sorry about bothering you guys.

Comment

Documentation is key!
                  Glad it wasn't serious in the end, thanks for posting back the results.
                  Last edited by AndyJG247; 5th November 2008, 09:30.
                  cheers
                  Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
                  X