No announcement yet.

ISA2000 question

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISA2000 question

I have SBS 2003 standard and I installed ISA 2000 on it (2 network cards)

I have Exchange 2003 and I would like to setup users to connect their laptops from home (Micorosoft Outlook) to the Exchange server on my SBS.

I configured Exchange and Micorosoft Outlook (on the lab laptop) to connect to Exchange using https.

If I create a pachet filter rule that opens all ports incoming and outgoing in ISA 2000 then I have connection between Outlook and Exchange, but no connection if I disable that pachet filter.

It seems to me that there is a specific port (ports) I should open or configure something so that I can allow communication. What should I do? Please help

Thank you,

Re: ISA2000 question

Out of interest, why buy ISA 2000 to install on SBS 2003 when for a very reasonable price, you could upgrade to SBS 2003 R2 Premium which includes ISA 2004?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: ISA2000 question

too late for that, already had isa2000