2003 SBS and Internet Explorer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 SBS and Internet Explorer

I am administrator on a 2003 SBS, and have problems making Java-script and activeX avaliable for common users.

The server is used as a workstation behind a broadband modem and a router.

When I go to IE and select "tools", "Internet options", "security" and try to alter the "custom level" for Internet the button is greyed-out. That is when I logon as a user. The settings I make when logged on as Admin doesnt seem to have any effect.
    Where can I reach the settings for each user?

Re: 2003 SBS and Internet Explorer

Originally posted by Svein G
    I am administrator on a 2003 SBS, and have problems making Java-script and activeX avaliable for common users.

The server is used as a workstation behind a broadband modem and a router.

When I go to IE and select "tools", "Internet options", "security" and try to alter the "custom level" for Internet the button is greyed-out. That is when I logon as a user. The settings I make when logged on as Admin doesnt seem to have any effect.
    Where can I reach the settings for each user?
    go to add or remove programs > add/remove windows components > internet explorer enhanced security configuration > details > and clear the check box from "for all other user groups".

just remember that you downgrade the security of the server.

good luck

shai
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

May I strongly suggest that you buy another workstaion for ~$1000 fully loaded, since by working on the server you are risking your whole network - and the cost of the station will be the cost of a re-install at least, once you get spyware, malware, crudware and trojan horses on your server.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X