OWA stops working for no reason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OWA stops working for no reason

I installed SBS 2003 about 9 months ago and everything was working fine, including the OWA and active sync. Last night for some strange reason it decided to stop working, OWA does not work on the inside or the outside network, as a result activesync is not waorking as well. I restarted IIS, checked the virtual directories (nothing was changed), turned of SSL and turned it back on and it remains to be problematic. At some point tonight I will have to reboot the server, and that is my last resort. Can anyone explain why this occured? Does anyone else have a similar issue? If so, is it solved? And if it solved, what did you do? To add insult to injury, there are no errors in the log files, when in go to the website http(s)://server/owa (or /exchange or /oma) I get "Internet explorer cannot display the webpage." Any and all help would be greatly appreciated on this matter.

Thanks

Re: OWA stops working for no reason

If there aren't any services showing stopped and no event logs with errors there isn't much to go on.

Has the firewall been enabled maybe or an AV update?
    A restart isn't usually a bad idea for windows based servers.
    Any chance of an IP conflict maybe?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

There is no indication that something broke or is unresponsive. Symantec Endpoint protection is installed and as of today it will be removed from the server. I wan to believe that this version of the anti virus is causing this. I will keep you posted on any updates.

Comment

SEP has a component that can block things. See if there is a Teefer2 driver in the NIC, disable it and see if that makes a difference.
        I would suspect there are logs within that application that can be looked at maybe?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I stopped and restarted all services on SEP and still nothing. A reboot fixed the problem, but this should not be. Anyone has any ideas, or theories on how and why this happened?

Thanks

Comment

Check event logs and see if IPSEC service failed to start. If so, this is a known problem and downloading the latest updates should fix it.
            TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
            http://www.wintra.co.il/
            sigpic
            Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
            X