Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• signatures/mailnotification

Hi

three questions which I'm sure are simple for the experts.

1. In sbs exchange 2000 how do I setup a signature for each user, can't seem to find it in the exchange settings

2. The user has requested - "Can you also set up an automatic notification of email receipt onto the desktop" - I'm assuming she wants a little man to appear as in incredimail?

3. The same user has said that when composing an email to an address in her contacts the email address does not autocomplete.

They are using office/outlook 2000 and exchange 2000 (in SBS)

Any help appreciated

thanks

Ian

Re: signatures/mailnotification

To set up a signature you can either use 3rd party software such as PolicyPatrol, or write a custom event sink (difficult) or get users to set up their own signatures in Outlook

Automatic notification depends on which version of Outlook, but try right clicking the little icon in right of the taskbar and selecting "Show new mail desktop alert" or similar (sorry, no little man!)

Can't help with the autocomplete -- sorry!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks 2 out of 3 is good for me.

cheers

Ian

Comment

If the address doesn't autocomplete then check her contacts is shown as an address book. Can she click the to box and select the contact that way?
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Hi
          thanks off to a wedding today, back on site monday

I'll check then

cheers

Ian

Comment