Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWW certificate address mismatch

Hello,

we have a server 2003 server that has been transition from sbs.

we have 2 real world domain names, mid-statemachine.com and msmcom.com

If I go to sbs2003.msmcom.com I get and error message saying mis matched address if I go to mid-statemachine.com everything is fine. When the previous guy setup our server and RWW it appears the cert doesn't include our msmcom.com domain.

How do I fix it?? since IE7 came around it has been driving me nuts.

Thanks

Re: RWW certificate address mismatch

So is this server and SBS or a Server 2003 one?
    What is the server called, SBS2003?
    Do you have the apropriate A Record entries for the mismatched URLS?
    Any more info on your setup?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

The server is 2003 Standard R2.

I assume all of our A records are setup because you can reach the site by typing in sbs2003.msmcom.com, and sbs2003.mid-statemachine.com

If I go to mid-statemachine.com everything works fine. If I go to msmcom.com I get a certificate error. and the error is mismatched url. So I think that the certificite needs to be updated to include both domain names or I need and additional certificate.

Thanks

Comment

I've never heard of a certificate with two FQDN names and AFAIK you can only apply one certificate to a web site. It seems to me that the solution here is to decide which domain name you want to use for RWW and use or purchase the appropriate certificate.

Comment

Ok...if I can only have one, how do I create a new one that uses the other name?

in my reseach I found information about using the internet connection wizard and that will create the certificate during that process. I lost that function when we transistioned the server from sbs to regular 2003.

Comment

RWW is an SBS tool yet you say you are running Windows Server 2003 R2. The only thing SBS I can see here is the name of the Server. I think we need some clarification so this thread can be placed in the appropriate Forum. Thanks.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Sorry if I am in the wrong forum, in my opening post I stated that the server is a transitioned server.

We purchased a SBS2003 server ran it for a few years then applied the transition pack so that it is now a 2003 server. After the transition pack I tweaked RWW so that it continues to work.

Comment

FYI an SBS server that has had Transition Pack applied to it will still retain RWW but it is NO LONGER supported. That means as long as it works - fine. As soon as it breaks you are on your own - and MS updates are likely to break it at some point!
                Meanwhile are your two domain names just A records pointing to the same IP? I suppose you could install CA on the server for the other domain and issue a certificate as per http://www.petri.com/obtain_digital_..._online_ca.htm
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                X