No announcement yet.

Small Business Server 2003 How To Add an IP address

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Business Server 2003 How To Add an IP address

I've a SBS 2003 with only one NIC (an external router connects the LAN to internet via NAT).
    Router is a Cisco 2611.
    When I try to add an other private IP address (like 192.168.1.x) all seems well but...
    WINS Server on SBS 2003 seems to work on this new address.
    The primary address seems to be the new one and not the older (first windows of ICW).
    If I run ICW the wizard sets only one address on NIC.
    I need two or more addresses to test and then to publish web sites.
    In a second time, via NAT, I will publish the new web sites translating private addresses on internet addresses.
    How must I add new addresses? Can You help me?
    Thanks in advance

Please only post questions in one area. When someone has the answer for you they will post it.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Add IP address

(CE)ICW will always work as if there is only one IP address. Unfortunately, that is by design and there is nothing you can do except repeat the manual work after the wizard. You may also want to consider using 2 NICS instead of one so that your LAN is never disrupted and all manual work is done on th eexternal interface.

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.