Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDB Error

Hi,

I am a bit puzzled by an error that I have been getting recently on my sbs2003. I have logged on over the last week to find this error (see attached image) on a couple of occasions.

I have looked through the event logs and can't see anything relevant. We had problems with a SQL database relating to our anti spam software (sophos puremessage) but all that was removed.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

*****UPDATE*****

It looks like it is relating to the STORE.exe (see second screen shot)

Is their anything I can do to resolve this?

thanks

brian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brian873; 1st September 2008, 10:04.

Re: MDB Error

Do you have AV/AS software scanning your Exchange database directories? If so, STOP THEM IMMEDIATELY. You could corrupt your Exchange store!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi teiger, thanks for that.

there is currently no AV software running on this machine although sophos was recently uninstalled, although it never scanned the store.

Comment

What about the AS part? Any Spybot, Adaware etc running on the server?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi biggles77, that is removed too, the only non microsoft product is BackupExec.

All av/anti spam has been transferred to another machine, with its on SQL database so it does not touch the original.

thanks for taking time to reply

Comment

Which version of BackupExec? I have been hearing bad things about it since Symantec has absorbed it into the Collective? Can you disable or remove it for a while to see if this is the culprit? (you could use NTBackup and manually run a backup for a couple of days)
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

...or even UTFW and let the backup wizard do its job!
              TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
              http://www.wintra.co.il/
              sigpic
              Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Hi guys,

BackupExec 9.1

The backup never completed last night due to loosing its connection to the DB. I will set an NT backup and check why this is happening.

I will post back more when I find it.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                X