Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RWW - domain users cannot access, but administrator can.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWW - domain users cannot access, but administrator can.

Hi all,

I'm having a problem allowing users to access Remote Web Workplace on a new SBS 2003 R2 server. I've run the internet config wizard and all is as it should be there. Domain Users are part of the Remote Web Workplace Users security group. Port forwarding is setup and working. I can login to RWW as the administrator, but no other users can. They get to the logon screen, and type in their username/password and for a moment it appears that they are logging in (it comes up with the "loading" screen) but then they just get kicked back to the logon screen. No error is attached. If I make a user part of the adminsitrators group they can log in fine. I can't find any errors in event logs either. Exchange is running SP2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

James

Re: RWW - domain users cannot access, but administrator can.

Anything in the event viewer?
    Marcel
    Technical Consultant
    Netherlands
    http://www.phetios.com
    http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
    "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
    "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

no, nothing at all.

Comment

Hi Dumber,

I have solved the problem. I added each user directly to the Remote Web Workplace Users group. Previously only the Domain Users group was part of the Remote Web Workplace Users group. I thought that would work since all users are part of the Domain Users group, which is part of the Remote Web Workplace Users group. Clearly I was mistaken!

Thanks for your assistance, I really appreciate it.

Cheers,

James

Comment

NOTE: Always use the wizards within server management to add user accounts to the domain rather than adding them manually through the ADUC snapin. By using the default templates within server management the domain users will be added to the relevant default groups which includes the Remote Web Workplace user group.

Comment

Working...
          X