Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing Folder using Web Sharing

Hi Everyone,

Ive got a client that has an external contractor that needs access to two folders (only about 5mb of docs between them).

I need a secure way of giving access to the contractor so FTP is out so i thought i would use Web Sharing.

My question is: Ive got it setup and working. I can open and download files but cannot workout how to upload files.
    Can this be done?

TIA
    Matt

Re: Sharing Folder using Web Sharing

Are you referring to WebDav?

Comment

I Think so, i didnt know that was its name. I went to the folder i wanted to be published | Right Click | Properties | Web Sharing Tab | Selected Share This Folder

Then accessed it by https://mail.company.com.au/foldername

Matt

Comment

Did you put a check in the "Write" check box in the access permissions section of the "Edit Alias" window when you selected to share the folder? If not, go back to the Web sharing tab of the folder and select the "Edit Properties" button and check it.

Comment

Why don't you set up Document folders in Sharepoint (companyweb) and give your external user access by exposing the site (port 444) using the Internet Connection Wizard.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X