No announcement yet.

mailbox sharing (can't see subfolders)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mailbox sharing (can't see subfolders)

hi,
    i'm trying to open to two mailboxes from the same outlook, (we are working in a windows xp and outlook 2003 enviroment) and i encountered a problem.
    i have given the right premssions (owner) from the 2nd user (on the whole mailbox and also on the inbox) and after adding the 2nd's mailbox in the 1st user setting (tools--> email account --> view or change existing... --> change --> more settings --> advanced (tab) --> open these additional mailbex --> add...) i can see only the inbox and not the entire mailbox (calander, etc) nor subfolders in the mailbox.
    by the way from the domain admin's outlook i do see everything, though from regular users i can't.
    what is problem??

Re: mailbox sharing (can't see subfolders)

How did you give the permissions?
    http://www.petri.com/grant_full_mail..._2000_2003.htm
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

thanks a lot, it solved it, though now i have a new problem.
      how do i send an e-mail from the other account? if i click new mail message it sends the mail from the primary mailbox.
      I've tried to change the "from" and the mail looks as if it is sent but then i get a notification that the mail wasn't sent...

Comment

No problem.
        Full mailbox rights doesn't grant Send As rights anymore they are different, have a look further down in the same location you granted full mailbox rights and you should see Send As and Receive As.
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

thx again, though i cant find how to do it. (or i already did it but i just don't know how to send correctly).
          once the mailbox is added and both mailbox are open from the same outlook, what exactly should i do in order to send an email from the other profile, (not the primary one)? a detailed explanation would be very appreciated.
          please...
          thank you

Comment

You will always see the sent email in the Sent Items of the primary profile. Just use the "From" option when you open an email and select the address you are sending from. If you have the correct permissions it should work.

EDIT:
            More info on From field
            http://www.itap.purdue.edu/training/...kEmailTips.cfm
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

Working...
            X