Email Problem - Undisclosed Recipients [POP3]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Problem - Undisclosed Recipients [POP3]

The pop3 connector is downloading emails from a pop server every 15 mins. However, any email to Undisclosed Recipients [bcc list] goes to default mail box (or catch all box). How can I fix this problem?

Please help, Thanks!

Re: Email Problem - Undisclosed Recipients [POP3]

Hi did you manage to resolve this.... I'm having the same problem .. every email to undisclosed recipients is ending up in the failed mailed folder. The option to specify a mailbox to deliver undeliverable messages doesn;t seem to deliver these messages...

Comment

I'm having the same problem, and I'm desperate to get the customer off pop mail - the 15 minute delay is not clever. It may be also that one of your problems is a disabled / deleted account. I think the way to get the user to go to smtp mail is to make sure the non-delivery report goes to the main man.

Comment

You do not say which version/service pack level you are using. But if it is 2003 RTM (pre SP1) there is a download on the MS saight for the POP3 connector which may solve your problem. There is a known situation with Bcc in POP3 connector, but I can't put my hand on the link just now (google is your friend)
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Its sbs2003 with the released service pack 1 (I used the one from my action pack). They don't have ISA on this machine, so its not related to that ...

Comment

You might go looking for pst repair and troubleshoot outlook express. I have been using it without problem since it came out.

Comment

There is a known problem in pop3 about the bcc. I think bcc is not working. But regarding the 15 matter there is a dirty trick which is not mention by Microsoft. I found this in a diffrent forum. SO pls do try it on a test machine and then apply to the production enviroment if you dare to take the risk.

1. Locate and then click the following registry subkey: "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SmallBusine ssServer\Network\POP3 Connector"

2. On the "Edit" menu, point to "New", and then click "DWORD Value".

3. Type "ScheduleAccelerator" (without the quotation marks) as the entry name, and then press ENTER.

4. On the "Edit" menu, click "Modify".

5. In the "Value data" box, type the value that you want, and then click "OK". To determine the polling interval, the value that is configured on the "Scheduling" tab in the GUI is divided by the value that you type for the ScheduleAccelerator entry. For example, if a 15 minute interval is specified in the GUI and you set the value of the ScheduleAccelerator entry to 3, the connector will poll ever five minutes.

6. Quit Registry Editor

Hope this will give some help

Comment

Working...
              X