Certificate Issue with OWA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificate Issue with OWA

I've been searching and everything seems to keep pointing to one answer, (get a trusted certificate from verisign, etc), but it doesn't answer one problem I can't circumvent.

SBS 2003 R2
    No matter WHAT I do, everytime I visit our OWA site (mail.mydomain.com/exchange) via the internet, I get a certificate error in IE7.

There doesn't seem to be anything I can do to get it to stop complaining.
    I'm concerned I've done something wrong.

I've tried installing it automatically, and I systematically went through each store and imported into each one and I stilll get the error.

Any suggestions?

The certificate was created by SBS during the ICW, and I've tried creating a new one, but it doesn't change the outcome.

THe site works, but only after the end user is told the site is not secure.

Suggestions?

I'm stuck here this weekend until I get this issue resolved.

LET ME REPHRASE MY QUESTION...

DO I HAVE TO HAVE A 3RD PARTY CERT TO ELIMINATE THIS ISSUE? Y OR N?
    Last edited by fruitjacket; 26th July 2008, 03:22.

Re: Certificate Issue with OWA

Please dont SHOUT -- its too early on a Saturday morning for that

Yes, one MS product (IE) wont trust the certificate issued by another (SBS) so you will always get the certificate warning.

IMHO, get a certificate from GoDaddy or similar (about $20 per year) and install that
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Certificate Issue with OWA

... or ignore the warning. It works anyway.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X