Recipient not getting CC messages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recipient not getting CC messages

SBS2003 Premium and up to date patches (except the latest SQL one).

For some time one user does not get CC or BCC emails. Other recipients in the CC list get their emails. I have Googled but found nothing specific (may be due to wrong search phrase) or that even relates. This user gets all other emails except CC and BCCs.

This has been happening for about 1 year now and the user is the business co-owner. Apart from deleting their mailbox/profile on SBS and recreating it, the only other thing I can think of is trashing their workstation and starting clean, however that seems like a waste of time (but i could be wrong).

Light on details I know but I want to tell the new client honestly that I am working on getting a solution.

I have read http://forums.petri.com/showthread.p...&highlight=bcc and I believe they may be running a POP Connector but I would have thought this "side effect" would apply to all users and not just the one (and I am not refering to Neo from the Matrix).
    Last edited by biggles77; 15th July 2008, 18:44. Reason: Add info from previous post on a BCC missing
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: Recipient not getting CC messages

There is definitely a problem with Bcc and the POP3 Connector. Try eliminating that from the equation and see what "pops" up.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Oh hehehehehe. Pops up indeed.

I was informed this evening that they used to POP but all is now SMTPed. Could this CC/BCC problem have hungover from the time when they were popping? Would deleting the user's profile (or account) and recreating it be an idea?
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

TTBOMK, no! but it never hurts and probably clears out some gremlins on the way!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

In this case the deleting the Profile may have fixed the problem. Once Outlook was investigated a Rule was found moving any email that was CCed to him to another folder in a PST. Hence, the user wasn't getting any CC mail.

Hope this helps someone in the future with a similar problem like this. Always check Outlook Rules first.
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X