CEICW repair options?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CEICW repair options?

Got this secondhand without a lot of details.

When the CEICW is run, it gets to the end and when the finial button is clicked it errors with something about a "component not found". I am trying to get an image of the error but in the meantime, apart from a total SBS 2003 reinstall, is there any way to repair a faulty wizard?

Ta. Apologies for the lack of details.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Re: CEICW repair options?

IIRC Look in %SBSProgramDir\Support\icwlog.txt and see what the error message is!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Thanks Steven. (Oh, so much new stuff to learn). Will get back ASAP.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Update:

Henry Craven. SBS MVP in OZ has an article on this problem. One of the suggestions was to remove the router's Plug n Play option and flush IE Cache. This was tried but didn't work so the Plug n Play option was re-engaged, IE Cache flushed and the CEICW is now working. The log file still hasn't been sent to me so I still don't know exactly what the error said however it is now working.

Hope the above may give others who have had this sort of problem something else to try to fix it.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Good ol' Henry (though he won't like that "ol'" in there )
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X