RWW stopped working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWW stopped working

I have a client that has been using RWW for the past month - all of a sudden today - it's stopped. Not sure why - I can RDP to the server and ping workstations.

"connectivity to the remote computer could not be established. Ensure that the remote computer is on and connected to the Windows Small Business Server network"

Checked the router and 4125 and 3389 are forwarding to the server still - nothing has changed - any ideas? OWA works fine.

Firewalls are turned off on the desktops. The users are in the correct Remote Desktop group.

Re: RWW stopped working

Did the XP's upgrade themselves to SP3 today/yesterday?
    If so, you need to re-enable the RWW ActiveX in IE.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Rebooted the server and that worked. Not sure why........................

Comment

Check the event logs. Anything there about IPSec or another service not starting before the last reboot. There have been some prett flaky patches this month!
        TIA

sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

No updates where applied in the last 34 days - that was the last update. Logs looked good.
          Gotta love MS....

Comment

Always check if you can browse the site within IIS. If you cant then you know the problem is with its configuration.

Comment

Why would it be a configuration problem if it's worked fine for 34 straight days?

Comment

Why would it be a configuration problem if it's worked fine for 34 straight days?

Comment

Probably for the same reason your last reply appeared twice. Nothing on that server is static - things change!
                  TIA

sigpic

Comment

wow - that's helpful.

Comment

Working...
                    X