Another Domain beside SBS2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Domain beside SBS2003

I am in the process of implementing new domain and then migrating from SBS 2003.. My question is can I create a new domain (fresh) on standard 2003 and have it on the same network/subnet as SBS2003 but with no DHCP server? I need to do this because I want transfer apps to the new domain and it will take few days.

Thanks

Re: Another Domain beside SBS2003

Yes (assuming different domain name)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Another Domain beside SBS2003

Originally posted by Mayer View Post
      I am in the process of implementing new domain and then migrating from SBS 2003.. My question is can I create a new domain (fresh) on standard 2003 and have it on the same network/subnet as SBS2003
      Thanks
      Are you sure you need to change domain name? What are the reasons for this?
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X