Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to SBS R2 Cannot Complete as SP2 is installed

Hi Guys,

Ive got an SBS 2003 Standard Edition Server with Service Pack 2 Installed. Now we are going to be using SQL i have purchase the Upgrade from SBS 2003 to SBS 2003 R2 and Standard edition to Premium Edition.

I have come to the task of installing the R2 Technologies upgrade and have come to a problem.

When i run the setup and it comes to Setup Requirements Screen i get the Error on the Requirement "You can install the R2 Technologies only on a computer that is running Windows SBS 2003 with Service Pack 1" and you can continue past this.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advanced!

Re: Upgrade to SBS R2 Cannot Complete as SP2 is installed

Can you uninstall SP2, install R2, reinstall SP2 then update with MU?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

I had thought of this but when going to uninstall SP2, you get the microsoft warning that hte following programs may not work and there is a long list including majority of updates, internet explorer, .net 2.0, GFI Mail Essentials and more critical apps.

Comment

FYI Guys,

I spoke to micrsoft and i was wrong (and the post above was right ), you need to uninstall SP2 and make sure all parts of SP1 for SBS (SBS SP1 Files/Instructions) are installed.

Un-installing SP2 does not harm any other programs, and Microsoft did assure me this.

Thanks for the replies

Matty

Comment

I think the list is everything installed after the program you are removing, rather than indicating these are programs that will cause problems
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X