Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003/Exchange synchronization w/ Pocket PC

Hello all, this is my first post!

I have a 2003 SBS running Exchange and wanted to know if I could synchronize my PPC w/ it. I read the tutorial at http://www.petri.com/how_to_sync_ppc...hange_2003.htm as well as http://www.petri.com/adding_root_cer...e_2003_ppc.htm but have been unsuccessful in getting it to work. I wanted to know if this feature isn't possible in SBS w/o additional software or if it's just me misconfiguring something. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I don't think that SBS has any problem with synchronizing with a PPC. Maybe you can explain what exactly is it that you did, and what doesn't work, as well as any error messages you're getting.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

I have everything configured correctly according to your article (nice work, btw), but I still receive an HTTP_500 message on the PDA. I'm not sure if I'm doing things right. I don't want to disable SSL due to OWA/OMA, but I always get an INTERNET_45 message on the Ipaq I'm trying to get synchronizing. When I do a 'certchk off' to the pda I get HTTP_500 messages. I think I've screwed up the pda as well by importing either the wrong certificate or too many certificates, or by changing the network settings because now I can't even browse the web when the device is in the cradle. I gave up on this because I didn't have any more time to mess with it.

On top of that, I'm a newbie when it comes to SSL certificates so I'm not sure I'm even getting the right one, not to mention this domain was originally set up by someone else - I'm coming into this situation with only a minimal working knowledge of SBS and Exchange 2003 (I'm used to Exchange 5.5).

Comment

Well then, why not get your hands on another (not-so-messed-up) PDA and try from there? That way you'll be able to distinguish the issues and isolate the problem.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Problem is, there's only 1 Pocket PC in the office. It's a small office where the head cheese wants to have it working for himself, but he's the only one w/ the PDA. I'm not sure what else to do besides a factory reset on the PDA & start over w/ my troubleshooting.

Comment

You can always backup before doing a hard reset. Anyway, there are PPC emulators freely available for download, you could thry one of these.
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X