Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrate Public Folders

hello.

i just installed an SBS box. the client was using Exchange 2000. i am trying to migrate the public folders from the 2000 system to the 2003 system. i believe i am having a problem that the servers are across routing groups.

i used the script from Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool:

Cscript pfMigrate.wsf /S:PCI2 /T:PCI4 /A /N:100 /F:d:\downloads\PF01.log

i got the error:

The tool is connecting to the WMI server and checking pre-requisites. Server 'PCI2' was not found.

do i need to run this on the source or target server? any help to rectify would be much appreciated.

Re: Migrate Public Folders

Need more info.
    Are both servers in the same domain? Different domains? How are they connected, physically and logically?
    Do the Exchange servers belong to the same organisation?
    How have you transferred the mailboxes and other data?
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

servers are not in the same domain. their domain was pretty whacked so I switched them to a new one. less than 20 users. they are not in the same organization either. mail was transfered by PSTs. I did not use Exmerge. I may have to do that anyway for safety sake so no mail disappears. thanks for the reply.

Comment

If anything is left of the old server, copy all the public folders to a (new, if possible) mailbox. Export to .pst For import, reverse the process (but you will have to recreate permissions, views etc)

Sounds like you don't have another option.
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
        X