SBS2003 Domain name change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS2003 Domain name change

I know its not supported to change SBS2003 Local domain name. However, anyone tried this using the tool?

Thanks

Re: SBS2003 Domain name change

What tool?
    Just don't use RENDOM - you can't use it when Exchange is involved.
    What problem are you trying to solve?
    Info, info, info ..... Only when we have info can we start to help you!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
      What tool?
      Okay, I have SBS2003, Exchange of course, DHCP, DNS running on the same server. Also the server is running many other services and applications such as Anti Virus software. I took over the network 3 weeks ago and itís a mess. The domain "local domain for AD" is called Domain1

I would like to rename it and then migrate to Standard 2003 and Exchange 2007.

This link has the tool I am talking about

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/w.../bb405948.aspx

thanks

Comment

And the tool - rendom.exe version 1.4 - is the tool I am telling you NOT to use.
        Look for the White Paper on SBS Migration using ADMT - Active Directory Migration Tool.
        On the other hand you may want to fix the SBS and use www.sbsmigration.com - if you want to break out to Exchange and Server you need to buy new licenses!
        TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
        http://www.wintra.co.il/
        sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
          What tool?
          1 once tried it, because a client of mine wanted that, and it worked, but that was before installing Exchange.
          After rendom we installed the Exchange bit and the server has been running without problems for about 3 years now.

Comment

Working...
          X