Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SBS2003]CatchAll account with multiple mail adresses

Good day,

One question about Small Business Server 2003 in combination with a CatchAll account. I know you better could make it BatchSMTP, but for the time being is it possible to filter the CatchAll account with e-mail adresses for different users?

So i send a mail to the CatchAll account like [email protected]. This POP-box is set up to move all the message to the User13. In between this process is it possible to filter in some kind so the mail User1 can be redirected to User1?

Hope this is clear enough to understand

Re: [SBS2003]CatchAll account with multiple mail adresses

Not fully clear, but I'll have a go.
    You have a catchall account at your ISP?
    First of all consider using full SMTP - it is MUCH better.
    In the interim, you can configure POP3 Connector to POP all mail from your catchall mailbox and distribute it according to user. IOW, if your mail is sent to [email protected], [email protected]n@company.com
    and the catchall mailbox is actually [email protected], then the Connector can be configured to pull down all the mail (maximum every 15 mins) and distribute it accordingly to mailboxes user1, user2....usern.

HTH
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by teiger View Post
      Not fully clear, but I'll have a go.
      You have a catchall account at your ISP?
      First of all consider using full SMTP - it is MUCH better.
      In the interim, you can configure POP3 Connector to POP all mail from your catchall mailbox and distribute it according to user. IOW, if your mail is sent to [email protected], [email protected]n@company.com
      and the catchall mailbox is actually [email protected], then the Connector can be configured to pull down all the mail (maximum every 15 mins) and distribute it accordingly to mailboxes user1, user2....usern.

HTH

That's the problem. If i use the SBS POP3 Connector you can configure it to download the popbox [email protected] and redirect it to a users mailbox. You can't split it or at least let Exchange figure it our where to put the mail like Full SMTP is doing.

Comment

If I understand correctly - You want Exchange to route emails from CatchAll account to internal users by Your decision?
        In POP3 Connector - Create only one record for 1 CatchAll account and choose Mailbox type: Global Mailbox
        Then in Email Domain enter Your mail domain name and in Routing Rules Add rules you need: example
        To forward messages from CatchAll account with value in To: or Cc: of [email protected] add rule
        To: or Cc: user13
        Exchange Mailbox: user13 (you should choose from list)
        If You need to send [email protected] to group of internal users - use Distribution Groups in AD.
        Regards
        Denis Laskov
        MCSA/E - CWNA - CCNA

Comment

Originally posted by Iznogoud View Post
          That's the problem. If i use the SBS POP3 Connector you can configure it to download the popbox [email protected] and redirect it to a users mailbox. You can't split it or at least let Exchange figure it our where to put the mail like Full SMTP is doing.
          It's not a problem it you TELL POP3 connector it is a global mailbox!
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X