Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login security

Hi ,

We are using a SBS 2000 in our organization and Domain infrastructure is created in organization , Now i need to implement a new security feature in organization e.g on pc1 only user A can login with his own user name and password in domain . no other user can login on his pc with his user name password on domain , login locally is possible with local admin on his pc ..but on domain login it should be possible with only user A's password ...

Please help ...

Kathy

Re: login security

Hopefully the following helps you.

Logon to the workstation as Administrator end then run: secpol.msc
    Open Log on Locally under User Rights Assignment and remove the Domain Users,then add the domain user who should be able to logon to the workstation.

Comment

You could go to the properties of the user account, select the account tab, click the "log on to" button, select the "The following computers" selection, type in the computer name that you want this user to only log on to, and click the "add" button. This will ensure that this user can only log on to the computer you specify.

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for your nice solution , it helps me but i need this in reverse order . Actually i am having more users and need to implement it in 5 machines , so i need implement it for more users to disallow them to login in only 5 machines so is it possible on computer name basis ..e.g only configured users can login on it ..it helps me a lot because system are less and users are more...

thanks ,

kathy

Comment

Hi ,

Can anyone help me to make this in reverse order.

Kathy

Comment

Hi ,

is there any trick to make this reverse ...please help ...

kathy

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
              Hi ,

is there any trick to make this reverse ...please help ...

kathy
              There's nothing that i know of that can do this.

Did you try the idea from CoKeMaN???

Comment

I have feeling that CoKeMaN's idea will be overwritten on the next refresh of Domain Group Policy
                TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                http://www.wintra.co.il/
                sigpic
                Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
                X