Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SBS 2003 web access trys to display router page.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBS 2003 web access trys to display router page.

I've setup a SBS 2003 server, allowed web access, I can access it internally on the lan by using

http://<servername>/

I have also setup an A record for one of our domains to our companys external ip to see if I can use the web access, but this just asks me for the login for our router.

Our setup is a DrayTek Vigor2800 series router, the SBS server is behind this on our lan.

Re: SBS 2003 web access trys to display router page.

You will probably need to read the manual to find out how to setup port mappings so port 80 on the outside maps to the servers IP address. At the moment it is being used by the drayteks IP address for managment
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

You will need to get to your router and cgnage the default management port from 80 to 8080 or different one which is not used with SBS. Per manual for the rouer p.151 the router uses for remote management by default port 80,443 .. this is why you get the router web page.

ftp://ftp.draytek.com/Vigor2800/Manu...Guide_V3.1.zip

Comment

Thanks, that sorted it, we have to put /remote/ on the end of the url though, I'm assuming this is correct.

Now to get our SSL sorted.

Comment

If you forward port 443 (and 444 for companyweb) to your SBS, the same as you did for port 80, and UTFW on the server, then SSL will be "sorted" for you.
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X