Restoring SystemObject

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restoring SystemObject

Hi, we use Windows 2000 SBS with Active Directory. My server crashed, and I re-installed windows 200 SBS and tried to restore the Active Directory, but failed. When searching for the solution, they asked to check the backup date. The systemobject backup date was 20/06/2007. How can I restore the systemobject from an old date to current...? Please help me.

Re: Restoring SystemObject

For AD such an old backup will not work.........................

Regards,
    Kapil Sharma
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Life is too short, Enjoy It.

Comment

Re: Restoring SystemObject

Originally posted by kapilsharma11 View Post
      For AD such an old backup will not work.........................

Regards,
      Why not?
      You boot using F8 and choose DSRM - Directory Services Restore Mode - which means you have booted the server without AD. Now to log in you need to know the initial password for the Local administrator before you completed the SBS setup. Since the chances of you remembering that are slim, and if it is not blank or 123456, before you start, you need to run ntdsutil and set it to something you know. for how to do that.
      Once in , in DSRM mode, restore the System State from the backup. Just remember that passwords, registry etc will be as old as that backup so you may have quite a bit of maintenance to do.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X