Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to syncronize my documents with the SBS2003

hello all .
    i want to syncronize my documents with the server 2003 .
    i have a few users that i want the "my docs" folder to be saved at the server when ever they log off, or shutdown thier computer .
    can any one help me out maybe send me a like that explains how to do it. ?

thanks a lot
    OK103

Re: how to syncronize my documents with the SBS2003

UTFW

Server Manglement/Users/Redirect My Documents!
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

hey there .
      i did what you said but i don't know where is the folder that contain all the users "my docs" .,...

can you help me ... i clicked on redirect my docs .. and the used the defult option .
      where are the files stored ? and how do i manage the folder size ... if i want it not to pass 1 G ... or can i change it per a user ?

please help me out ...
      and another thing ... what is the diffence between roming profies or the regular one ... and does it effect the redirection folders....

can you send me some links or reading

Comment

My docs are in the Users Home folders which you created with the users ( You DID create users via the Wizard, didn't you?

Read the documentation on SBS or Document Redirection
        TIA

sigpic
        Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

Comment

thanks mate.
          but why are you so angry it...

Comment

Not angry, disappointed.
            /Rant
            I mean so much of the stuff I write in this forum is there in your face. (Writing generally now, not a personal response to you). The time it takes you to login and write the question, could be better spent researching the topic.
            As a matter of philosphy, I try not to spoon feed too much. You know the "give a man a fish.....", thing? Then worst of all sometimes people come wingeing back, that it's not a correct or complete answer.
            This is a "hobby", done supposedly for fun and many people want to (and DO) run their BUSINESS out of answers here. I invest sometime in the forum(s) here. I would like to feel that the members invest a similar amount of time trying to teach themselves before asking questions.
            /Rant off
            Sorry that you got it, ok103, but you did ask ....
            TIA

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X