Software RAID 1: Cannot boot into secondary hard disk once primary is gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software RAID 1: Cannot boot into secondary hard disk once primary is gone

I am currently testing the case where Software RAID 1 is setup on two separate disks mirror, than take the primary disk out and try to boot from the secondary.

I need it to boot from secodary so that I could re-apply the mirror from the secondary disk to the new 3rd disk but it doesn't seem to want to boot.

What could I have missed?????

I have swapped the cables around as well but no luck. >_<

Re: Software RAID 1: Cannot boot into secondary hard disk once primary is gone

Look up FTEDIT from the Windows Resource Kit.
    TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
    http://www.wintra.co.il/
    sigpic
    Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Re: Software RAID 1: Cannot boot into secondary hard disk once primary is gone

Originally posted by lucifer82 View Post
      I am currently testing the case where Software RAID 1 is setup on two separate disks mirror, than take the primary disk out and try to boot from the secondary.

I need it to boot from secodary so that I could re-apply the mirror from the secondary disk to the new 3rd disk but it doesn't seem to want to boot.

What could I have missed?????

I have swapped the cables around as well but no luck. >_<
      Do you get any errors ?
      Have you changed the boot order in the BIOS ?
      Maybe you have to change the boot.ini on the disk that is now C:.

Comment

Working...
      X