Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setup backup exchange 2003 mail server

Hi
    How can i setup backup exchange 2003 mail server .

Regards
    Srini

Re: setup backup exchange 2003 mail server

what do you mean?

do you mean: my company has a very strict SLA and i need to know how do i implement an active-passive exchange cluster for fail-over?

if thats the case, then please clarify and be specific. what do you have running now?

do you have any equipment to work with now?

what versions of what are you running, and what versions of exchange do you plan to implement?

do you have an existing AD domain? NT domain? O/S ldap enviroment? a beowulf cluster from 486DX2s? hmmmm???

are you qualified to implement an exchange server at your organization?

are you familiar with Windows outside workstation OSs? have you ever worked with the Windows Server family of products before?

any more information than what you have provided would help immensely.

the more information you can provide (in terminology that is relevant to the situation at hand) the more this wonderful community can help you. it sounds like you could use a course or 4 on server basics, like the 2400A and 2400B. a few other entry level certs like say an MSCE or even an A+/net+ would help you out.

not trying to knock you, as were all here to help you, but we cant just hold your hand and tell you what to do... well, some of us could, but the bill would get pretty steep at $180 an hour.

you should develop a strategy and we can help you revise or refine your base-line synopsis.
    its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
    Give karma where karma is due...

Comment

Re: setup backup exchange 2003 mail server

Originally posted by srini Vaddi View Post
      Hi
      How can i setup backup exchange 2003 mail server .

Regards
      Srini
      UTFW. It is in the server management console. Run the wizard and you will run a daily backup of the whole server including Exchange. All you have to do is READ!
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X