Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with logon script

Hi,

I have a question to ask here. I have a VB script that i want it be used as part of the logon script. So whoever logs on to any computers on the network would get that same script. This way, all users will get the same settings or anything when they log in to the network. Now, i read that the logon script is actually sitting at SYSVOL\sysvol\domain\logon script.

When i tested it by adding a line in the script that would call the VB script that i was talking earlier on, it seemed the line did not get executed. Am i on the right track here?

BTW, this is for SBS 2003.

Thank you in advance

Re: issue with logon script

Have you added the script name and file extension to the User's account (ADUC, User, Properties, Profile, Logon Script?
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

There already is a login script for SBS in the netlogon share which helps with a lot of the wizards and installation. Try to preserve it and add you script to the existing one. For example, I take the existing SBS_LOGON_SCRIPT.CMD and add a line which says:

CALL \\%logonserver%\NETLOGON\COMMON.CMD

Then put all my "extra" comands in the COMMON.CMD file.
      So you may end up with a line like :

CSCRIPT \\%logonserver%\NETLOGON\MyVBScript.vbs

in the COMMON.CMD file to do what you want.
      TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
      http://www.wintra.co.il/
      sigpic
      Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

(Should have know there was an SBS way for that as well)
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Actually that is only on Steven's Best Systems!!
          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
          http://www.wintra.co.il/
          sigpic
          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
          X